Monday, May 7, 2012

We Aren't Getting Anywhere

From what I experienced during the conference I can say one thing, I'm surprised we get anything done at any kind of conferences where countries are together. I believe that it is impossible for there to be a unanimous vote on any subject matter. Every country has their own agenda, which generally includes what is best for that country. The only way there will ever be a unanimous vote is if countries look out for each other,which will never happen. There has to be a majority vote for any voting to be successful or else nothing will get done. I can't give out numbers of the majority percentage but I do know it has to be well over 50% so less countries are angry of the outcome. The issue about climate change is that countries don't really care. We are silly putting a bandwidth on a wound that requires stitches. Climate change seems to be more of a crowd pleaser than an actual issue countries want to fix. I believe countries should address the issue immediately but I know it won't happen. We aren't really thinking about the future as a whole instead we are focused on the present for a variety of reasons. We need an agency to regulate GHG and there definitely has to be a cap on it as well. Even if there was a cap we would only be stalling the inevitable because we would still not be doing enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment